Back-to-School Letter from Mr. Shea & Ms. Conklin
you can also view the letter here: BACK TO SCHOOL LETTER
August 15, 2016
Dear Crocker Farm Families:
We hope this letter finds everyone well. As much as we are enjoying summer, we are looking forward to seeing our students and families for the start of the school year. Our custodial team, under Mr. Stedman’s leadership, is working hard to clean and polish our building in preparation for students’ arrival.
Please take a minute to note important beginning of the year information.
- First day of school for students in grades 1-6 is Wednesday, August 31st. Remember school starts at 8:50am and ends at 3:10pm. Students can begin arriving to the playground after 8:30am
- First day for Kindergarten students is Tuesday, September 6th. Kindergarten teachers will be in touch with families about scheduling a visiting slot either Thursday, September 1st or Friday, September 2nd.
- Bus Routes are attached to this email for your review. You can also check the district website in the coming days for this information www.arps.org
- Our Open House will be Wednesday, October 5th in the evening. More information to follow.
- Classroom Placement Postcards will be mailed home to students and families on Friday, August 19th.
- Our PGO (Parent/Guardian Organization) plays a vital role in supporting our school. For the last several years, Tracy Zafian has led the efforts of this group. Thank you on behalf of the Crocker Farm Community for your hard work and service to our school. This year, Hallie Hughes and Jessica Sidman will be our new co-presidents. They’ve already started working and planning for events for coming year. Thank you, Hallie and Jessica for stepping up to take on this important role.
- Project Backpack: Families who signed up to reserve a backpack should pick them up on August 18th and 19th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. All other families in need of a backpack should email Mildred Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ARPS Family Center at 362-1871 and will be placed on a wait list.
- School Calendar 2016-2017: http://goo.gl/gNki1Y
- Buildings and Grounds Update:
- If you’ve driven by Crocker Farm this summer, you probably noticed a lot of construction. Thirty-five new parking spaces were added to the West Street entrance of the school.
- In addition, a grant funded new Preschool Playground is being constructed in front of the preschool classrooms. Both projects should be finished in the coming days.
We look forward to seeing everyone very soon.
Best for now,
Derek Shea, Principal
Sharri Conklin, Assistant Principal