Sunday, September 9, 2007

FAQ's

1. What is the best way to contact my child’s teacher?
Write a note and put it in your child's backpack.Email, just ask for the address.Call the School Office: 362-1600.
2. Who do I contact if my child is sick and won’t be in school?
Call the Absent Line: 362-1659 if your child will not be in school.
3. How do I reach the Principal (Michael Morris) or the Asst. Principal (Joseph Smith)?
Call 362-1600
4. What should I do when I arrive at the school?
Sign in. Go in the front office and you’ll find a clipboard and visitor's passes on the counter.
5. How can I contact other parents in my child’s class for parties and play-dates?
Classroom lists are often provided by the teachers. Ask for one. The School Directory comes out in October and that helps too.
6. How can I get involved in my child’s classroom?
Volunteer through the Room Parent or be a Room Parent.Volunteer for the PGO.
7. What is “Visiting Day”?
Each month the school has designated a visiting day which means teachers are expecting parents/guardians to visit their children’s classroom. Organizing one day a week helps maintain order.
8. Where is the Cafeteria and can I eat lunch with my child in the Cafeteria?
To the right of the Front Office. Find out what time your child eats and show up any day of the week (sign in at the Front Office first).
9. How can I buy lunches besides sending in $2.50 every day?
You can hunt for singles and quarters every time your child asks to buy a lunch or you can write a check for any amount of days and buy “tickets” ahead of time. The lovely cafeteria ladies will mark off the tickets each time they are used and let your child know when they need more. They are really helpful and love our kids.
10. How do I know what’s for lunch?
The school sends home a monthly schedule.If its lost, http://www.arps.org/FoodServices/LunchMenus.html
11. Is Crocker Farm online?
YES! http://www.crockerfarm.blogspot.com/ is a site maintained by the PGO. http://www.arps.org/cfis the school's page on the District's site. You can also sign up for the PGO’s Online Newsletter, published most Friday’s during the school year.
12. Where is Parent Pick-up?
To the right of the Front Office, in the hall outside the Cafeteria. To avoid the buses, park on the circle at the back entrance. You can enter through the door near the Library.
13. Where is the Community Room?
To the right of the Front Office, across the hall from the Cafeteria.
14. Where is the bathroom if I am visiting?
To the right of the Front Office across from the Cafeteria or to the left of the Front Office down the hall on the right.
15. What is the Crocker Chronicles and how often does it come out?
This newsletter is published every 2 weeks on Friday by the school and will arrive home in your child’s backpack.
16. If my child needs to go home with someone else on a bus or from Parent Pick-up, who should I write the note to?
Your child’s teacher who will then write a note for the bus driver.