Thursday, April 3, 2014

Changes at Crocker Farm, Letters from Dr. Tesauro & Superintendent Geryk


April 2, 2014
Dear Crocker Farm Parents/Guardians:

I am writing to let you know that I have made a difficult personal decision to resign my position as Principal of Crocker Farm School, effective June 30, 2014. I know you will respect my privacy in this matter, but I can state that the health of my family and my need to support them is the primary reason for my departure.

These past several months at Crocker Farm School have been personally and professionally rewarding for me. The staff and students of our community are amazing, and this has been a very fulfilling time for me. Please be assured that I will continue to do my best to support our students and staff as these final few months pass. Thank you all for your good wishes for me and for the health of my family.

Sincerely,
Michele Tesauro
______________________________________________________

April 2, 2014
Dear Crocker Farm Families,

I want to thank Dr. Tesauro for her service to our students, staff and the wider community.  During her time with the district, Dr. Tesauro brought experience, great wisdom, and amazing public service dedication to both Crocker Farm and to the administrative team.  We all wish her well as she completes the next few months here.

Regarding the principalship, I have made a decision to offer Derek Shea the position of Principal of Crocker Farm School.  This decision is based on the exceptional work Mr. Shea performed during the 2012-2013 year as Interim Principal and his continued work this past year as a building leader.  Mr. Shea has accepted the position, effective July 1, 2014.  In speaking with Dr. Tesauro earlier today about her announcement, she was absolutely delighted to learn that Derek will be her successor.  In the coming days, we will be posting the position of Assistant Principal.   

Please join me in wishing Dr. Tesauro and Mr. Shea the best as they assume their new responsibilities. 

Sincerely,
Maria Geryk, Superintendent